23 April 2011

Sketchbook Project


My sister has been asking me about the results of my sketchbook project so I thought I would share a little bit of that here today.  I had some difficulty with the sketchbook as I took on the project.  The paper of the moleskines is so incredibly thin that it was not suited to the vision I had for the project.  I struggled to keep the images from seeping in to one another and as a final result had to do a lot of pencil drawings and a lot less watercolor and gouache. Keep in mind this is definitely a "sketch" book and not completed pieces of work.   I hope you enjoy some of these images from my book!

(ps- The dancing quote is not mine and I'm not sure of the source...)

4 comments:

milquetoast said...

Kika! I heartchu, such beauty.

epita said...

Absolutely delightful, Kikita!!! Loved everything about this project: the colors, the clean lines, the composition -- the details -- everything!

Audrey said...

Really like your sketches !!

Maura said...

look at you creative lady! so beautiful!