24 March 2010

Sanjhih

I just heard about these buildings through a comment on another blog I was reading. As I was looking for more photos of these mysterious buildings I came across some really cool images and wanted to share. These buildings are in Sanjhih, which is a small town located on the North Coast of Taiwan. The story behind them is a little blurry but the most common one is that these "UFO" houses were built with the idea of becoming a stylish holiday resort. Little is known about whether they were actually ever used, although the general consensus seems to be that they were never even completed. What is leftover to me tells the story of an inspired vision for something different, a dream. I don't know why I am always struck by abandoned buildings. I like to imagine what they once were and the stories behind them. These beautiful images are by Cypherone and you can find the rest of the images from this body of work here. I'm not sure what kind of treatment he has applied to the photos but I think it compliments the subject very well.

Screen shot 2010-03-24 at 9.43.19 AM

Screen shot 2010-03-25

Screen shot 2010-03-26

No comments: