05 March 2010

Loving Auriculas

Now that Spring is slowly sneaking around the corner I've got some flower fever. I recently discovered this flower via a beautiful article in UK House and Garden. The flowers remind me so much of the drawings that we all used to make when we were little! With a beautiful pronounced center, a flat face, and colors that seem as if they could only come from one's imagination...The Double auriculas are a little different but too beautiful not to include. (Sorry for the poor quality of some of the photos.)

auricula

auricula 2
photographers unknown

2 comments:

Elisa said...

This flowers are stunning! Muy bonitas. I love Spring!

Saludos,
A Mexican chica living in Europe

epita said...

Auriculas! Beautiful flowers in beautiful colors. I want to plant some from seeds so that they can be ready when the weather warms up!think I need to check the spring catalogs now.